28 Feb Top 10 ways to use dōTERRA lavender essential oil
Lavender oil offers multiple benefits as well as smelling beautiful. Here are a few uses you can try yourself.
- I think most of us are aware that lavender can help promote better sleep and is great for most sleep issues. Inhale, diffuse or rub on the bottoms of feet.
- Apply to the site of an insect bite or sting as it has natural antihistamine properties.
- Great to soothe and aid repair of cuts, wounds and blisters and helps reduce scarring.
- Feeling stressed or anxious? Then inhale the beautiful aroma from a drop of lavender essential oil from your cupped hands.
- Lavender can also be used for nosebleeds and pink eye when rubbed over the bridge of the nose. See cautions below.
- Migraines and headaches can be alleviated by inhaling lavender essential oil or by applying a drop to the temples and back of neck.
- If your baby is suffering from colic then massage diluted along the spine, over the abdomen or on the bottoms of the feet to help calm.
- A little on the pulse points and over the heart or in a capsule may help those with high blood pressure.
- Mixed with lemon and peppermint, lavender essential oil can help reduce allergy and hay fever symptoms when taken in a capsule or under the tongue. Alternatively rub lavender essential oil between the palms and inhale.
- Try lavender oil for fungal/yeast infections applied topically for its antifungal & antimicrobial capabilities
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.