11 Jun Turmeric Essential Oil
When I heard that doTERRA was going to introduce turmeric essential oil I was excited.
The research into the benefits of turmeric is extensive – if you type in turmeric on PubMed it comes up with 4,966 papers on the subject.
Turmeric oil is spicy, earthy, woody and warm and is steam distilled from the root. Its main constituents are ar-Turmerone & Turmerone. These compounds are know for benefits to the nervous system, immune system, skin and emotional health. Alongside this it can be use to add flavour to your food. I love including essential oils in my food, particularly when a recipe calls for an ingredient you don’t have in your fridge or store cupboard.
It may be diffused, taken internally in dilution or topically with a carrier oil (please follow the guidelines & precautions provided by doTERRA).
The main benefits may include:
- Support of a healthy glucose & lipid (sugars and fats) metabolism.
- Enhance antioxidant activity
- Support healthy nervous and cellular function
- Promote healthy immune function and response
- Enhance mood
- Support clean-healthy-looking skin, whilst reducing the appearance of blemishes.
It will not be available until August this year, but I couldn’t wait to share the news of its arrival as I think it could be beneficial to many a daily routine.